License to Use
All materials contained in this site, are the copyrighted property of Steve Milan. To reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, distribute, or publicly display material from this website you will need written permission. Users may view and download material from this site only for personal, non-commercial home use.
Privacy and Confidentiality
TherapistAustin.com is a website designed to help you learn more about life issues that are sensitive, emotional, and often private. TherapistAustin.com respects your personal privacy and provides this informational statement so that you may better understand how we may collect, aggregate, and use personal information about you. Future changes to this privacy statement will be announced on the website at least one week prior to the effective date of the change. This privacy statement describes the privacy practices for this website.
TherapistAustin.com is committed to safeguarding consumer privacy on our website. We operate under the following set of strict privacy principles:
- The only information TherapistAustin.com obtains about individual visitors to this website is that supplied voluntarily by visitors. In cases when TherapistAustin.com may need personal information to provide visitors with customized content or to inform them about new features or services, visitors are explicitly asked for that information.
- Personally identifiable information provided by visitors (name, e-mail, or home address, etc.) will not be disclosed to anyone unless visitors indicate that TherapistAustin.com may do so.
- Only statistical information about our visitors as a group (usage habits, demographics) is maintained. Personally identifiable information will not be shared at any time without the visitor’s permission. All important information is otherwise private, and will not be made available to any other user of the website, or any other person or entity in general, without the consent of the user.
There are two important exceptions to our assurances of confidentiality:
- United States law requires that any suspicion of risk of child abuse be reported to child welfare authorities or law enforcement authorities. If I believe that a child is at risk of being abused, has already been abused, or that someone who previously abused children is still a threat, I have no choice but to immediately make every effort possible to report it to social services agencies. United States law requires that any suspicion of risk of child abuse be reported to child welfare authorities or law enforcement authorities. Most United States courts have the power to subpoena my records if you are involved in a court case in which your relationship with TherapistAustin.com is somehow relevant. Although this may be rare, if you have any questions, it is better to contact your lawyer prior to disclosing any information you may deem private.
- If someone’s life is in danger, I will attempt to report it. This applies to potential cases of suicide or homicide.
The content on the website is provided for general information purposes only and is not intended in any way to be a substitute for face-to-face professional advice. Persons seeking such advice should consult with a legally certified mental health professional. You may choose to identify a mental health professional in your area by contacting your physician. The content offered on the Site should not be relied upon for diagnosis or treatment of a mental or medical condition. Do not disregard professional advice or delay seeking professional advise as a result of something you have read on the website.
IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT SUICIDE OR FEEL THAT YOU MAY BE A DANGER TO YOURSELF OR TO OTHERS, PLEASE IMMEDIATELY CALL 911 AND NOTIFY THE POLICE OR EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES.
Limitation of Liability and Warranties
User’s reliance on any information provided on the website is solely at the risk of the User.
THE SITE AND ALL CONTENT AND MATERIALS ON THE SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. USER AGREES TO USE THE SITE SOLELY AT USER’S OWN RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, PROVIDER DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES RELATING TO THE QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR CONTENT OF ANY AND ALL MATERIAL, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES POSTED ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE SITE, AS WELL AS ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Provider is not liable for the conduct of other Users or third parties and the risk of injury from the foregoing rests entirely with User.
Provider is not liable for damages of any nature including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or special damages arising out of User’s use of the website or inability to access or use the website or out of any breach of any warranty.
The Site contains links to other websites, sometimes called “third-party” websites. Provider is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites and does not make any representation, warranty, or endorsement with respect to any content or material or the accuracy of any content or material on such third-party websites.